Third Party Websites and Links
What Information is Collected?
Information Collected Directly from You
We may collect personal information about you in connection with your use of our System. For example, this information may be voluntarily provided when you place an online order, order a gift card, apply for a job, email us, or fill out a franchise information request form.
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- Email address, phone number, mailing address, and other contact information;
- Profile username and password to enter the password-protected portion of the Sites;
- Financial information necessary to process a purchase or other request;
- Your contact information to register to receive our newsletter and other company related updates, promotions and materials from us, such as your first name, last name, phone number, and email address;
- Employment and education information related to an application for employment;
- If you are a prospective franchisee, we may collect detailed information such as your first name, last name, email address, phone number, address, and general financial information such as liquidity and assets, to evaluate your qualifications for a Chop Stop franchise; and
- Other information related to your requests and inquiries.
Information Collected Automatically
Some of the personal information we collect from you may happen automatically. We use tracking technologies such as cookies, log files, and pixel tags to automatically collect information when users visit our System. Information we collect includes but may not be limited to:
- Information regarding your browser and other technical specifications required to use our System;
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the Sites and for us to credit your account for various online transactions;
- Computer data files, often called “web beacons” that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites; and
- Your IP address to measure our website traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience.
For more information, see the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section below.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Sites and System are not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect information from any person under the age of 13.
How is User Information Used and Shared?
We collect information about you in order to provide you with services and products and also collect information that is necessary for the System to work properly. We use personal information about our users for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
- Allowing you to receive information from us regarding Chop Stop products or services;
- Processing and fulfilling your orders and other requests;
- Tracking information about your visits to our Sites or use of the System to allow us to provide better service;
- Using certain online preferences in the aggregate across all users to evaluate the System and develop additional products and services to offer;
- Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information about new products or services we are offering;
- Conducting marketing and research, through direct surveys to you, but also through our or our franchisees’ communication with you;
- Contacting you regarding an inquiry on the System that you have initiated;
- Processing your franchise application and contacting you regarding franchise opportunities;
- Using content from social media platforms where you discuss our products or use a hashtag related to our products;
- Providing information about your usage or preferences to our third-party vendors and providers; and
We may provide user information to third-party service providers or vendors for purposes of, including without limitation, processing your credit card for payment, initiating direct marketing programs on our behalf, data tracking, maintenance or development of our System, development of online products and services or customer service or new product development, or other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users. We will not share your information with third parties to directly market their products to you. We may share this information with any subsidiaries, licensees, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners. We may also share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims or as otherwise required by law.
We may also disclose your information to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of Chop Stop, or its subsidiaries or divisions. Any third party to which Chop Stop transfers or sells the System or related assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
We may also use third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors may display Chop Stop product advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytic cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Sites or another site affiliated with Chop Stop products or services. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies is not linked to any personally identifiable information (name, address, email address, or phone number) we collect or you provide on the websites. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small data files that help us keep track of your usage of the System. Many of the cookies we use enable the System to function as you would expect it to. Cookies enable the System to remember things like your login information so you do not have to re-enter it, items in your shopping cart when you navigate away from the page, user preferences, and other personalized settings. Cookies also enable us to track and analyze user behavior in order to improve our System. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can choose to accept or decline certain types of cookies if you prefer. However, declining cookies may impact the functionality of the System and in some cases you may not be able to access the functions of the System. We use the following categories of cookies on the System:
- Session cookies
Session cookies are stored on the user’s hard drive temporarily and are deleted when the user ends the browsing session. Session cookies are useful for things like keeping items in a shopping cart while the user continues to browse.
- Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies stay on the user’s hard drive until they expire, even after the browser is closed. Persistent cookies are useful for remembering things like login information, so users do not have to enter their password every time they visit the System.
- Third-party cookies
Third party cookies are not installed directly by our System, but by third parties such as advertisers. Third party cookies are used to track advertising preferences from site to site, and to gather data about users’ browsing habits in order to improve the user experience.
Clear GIFs (also called pixel tags or web beacons) are small files embedded in websites that tell us what content a user accesses and how users navigate the System. Clear GIFs enable us to track and analyze user behavior on the System in order to make it more intuitive and user friendly.
How is User Information Protected?
We maintain administrative, physical and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our System.
How Can Users Limit Information Collected?
While we work hard to use and disclose our users’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
- You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists to inform users of new or relevant products, services, and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us or by emailing us at [email protected];
- You may limit the collection of “cookies” through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products or information regarding the System; and
- You may limit the ability of Google Analytics to track your online activity, as outlined in the “Behavioral Advertising” section.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights under California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other data protection laws, including:
- The right to know the sources of your personal information we have collected in the last twelve months, what we use that information for, whether it is being disclosed or sold, and to whom it is being disclosed or sold.
- The right to “opt-out” of Chop Shop’s sale of your personal information to any third parties.
- The right, with some exceptions, to have your personal information deleted from Chop Shop’s possession or control.
- The right to receive equal service and pricing from Chop Shop even if you exercise any of your privacy rights.
You may submit requests for access or erasure of your personal information by calling 818-369-7350 (collect call by first dialing “0” then following the operator’s instructions. Applicable to calls made within the U.S. only) or emailing [email protected].
If you submit a request for access or erasure of personal information, you will be required to verify your identity by answering certain questions. We will not disclose or delete any information until your identity is verified.
If you are making a request for erasure, we will ask you to confirm again that you want us to delete your personal information before processing your deletion request.
If you are making a request for access, we may not be able to provide specific pieces of personal information if the disclosure creates a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of your personal information, your account with us, our network or the System.
You may designate an authorized agent to submit a request on your behalf by providing that agent with your written permission. If an agent makes a request on your behalf, we may still ask that you verify your identity directly with us before we can honor the request.
Agents making requests on behalf of California residents must verify the request by submitting written authorization from the individual. We will not honor any requests from agents until authorization is verified.
Our response to a request is at no cost to you. We endeavour to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Under the California “Shine the Light” law, California residents may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of personal data to third parties (i.e., our affiliates) for such third parties’ direct marketing purpose, by emailing [email protected] or writing to: Chop Stop (California Privacy Rights), Attn: Privacy Administrator, 601 N Glendale Ave, Glendale, CA 91206.
If you are under 18 years old, a California resident, and a registered user of any Site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to [email protected]. Your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of what you have posted and the law may not require or allow removal even if requested.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Do Not Track Signals
The System does not respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time due to the lack of a neutral and consistent industry standard. The System does not collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or services. However, when we use third-party services, data, and software tools to target advertising to you, these third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or services. We are not responsible for third-party affiliates’ response to Do Not Track signals. Users should check third party privacy policies to determine how they respond to Do Not Track Signals.
Glendale, CA 91206
Chop Stop, Inc. and Chop Stop Franchising, Inc.
601 N Glendale Ave
818-369-7350 (Collect call by first dialling “0” then following the operator’s instructions. Applicable to calls made within the U.S. only.)Read More